Sunday, April 3, 2011
I have just finished my bit on Patti's block of luxurious russets and brown toned block in this RR. By Tone on Tone, we are meant to stay with the colours of each block, with the embellishing. I have used various variegated silk threads for the seam treatments, adding the bronze beads and bronze SILF metallic thread for sparkle. The sheaf of wheat has been done with bullions in Colourstreams Ophir "Uluru". The SRE floral spray includes some "makubra" ribbon flowers in orangy tones, with my dyed silk flowers. Now it is off to New Zealand for Joy to work an area, before sending it on again. I've loved the challenge of this RR.